By submitting a photo, you agree that this photo may be used for official business by Volunteer State Community College. If you have questions about this policy please contact the Public Relations department at 615-230-3571 or email@example.com.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.
To begin the MyPhoto process, please start by reviewing the details of the required passport style photo. A suitable photo will meet the following criteria:
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of student
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast
in the photo
- Student's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Background should be plain white or off-white
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features of student should be clearly evident in the photo
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Digital photos should be produced without discernible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible
- The entire face should be in focus
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- Background of solid white
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months
- No borders.
- No shadows.
- Image should be properly focused.
- Passport style, color and taken in the last 6 months
- See examples of well-composed/unacceptable photos.
- A passport photo in .jpg format works best!
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram above:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo,
please proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
- Proceed to Step 2 by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2”:
This page displays your account information used by MyPhoto:
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for the photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “CONTINUE TO STEP 3” button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you
are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please
crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to Step 4. You can
also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “CONTINUE TO STEP 4”
Step 4 will display your uploaded photo.
- Click on the radio button that answers the following question:
Do you approve this photo?
- Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display as shown below:
Thank you for using the Vol State MyPhoto Upload Site. Your photo has been successfully uploaded to our system